Interfaith Power & Light is joining together with Creation Justice Ministries to urge Congress to pass a Farm Bill that promotes climate smart practices that benefit all people and protect the environment.
A Farm Bill for both people and the environment could ensure a future where all people have reliable access to healthy food, while prioritizing sustainable farming practices, and dignified treatment for those who work the land.
We’re calling on lawmakers to:
- invest in climate-smart agriculture,
- invest in small and medium-scale farms while supporting the transition away from hazardous industrial farming practices, and
- support the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions (through measures such as the reduction of food waste)
- the Agriculture Resilience Act
- the EQIP Improvement Act
- the OFF Act, and
- protecting the $20 billion designated in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) for climate smart agriculture.